Ya, that crazy lady would be me. I was conned into whale watching when we went down to Dana Point for no reason at all other than wanting to drive around my old town. I so miss it there, I know my home is here now but that feels like home to me. I have been trying to write a post about the trip down there for a few days now to describe to you all how awesome it is. I keep stumbling on my words (surprising, I know!) and can’t get the thoughts in my head organized. So it will have to wait.
Here are some bad iphone photos because I forgot my camera (LAME)! We saw thousands of dolphins, the captain said it was a Mega Pod. . . it was truly amazing. The kids were amazed, even Ruby.
If you care about your waist line, forget this dish. It’s made super traditional and worth every calorie! Ruben loves this one and the kids beg for the salad! It’s awesome cause it has so many good veggies in it and they eat it like crazy!
What Goes Into it?
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 white onion
- A lot of Jack Cheese
- Fresh roasted Green chilies (depends on heat you want jalapeños, serranos, anaheim) or canned diced green chilis
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 10-18 yellow corn tortillas
- Oil for frying (corn oil is good)
- 1 cup Salsa Verde and 1 large can green chili sauce or 1 large can green chili sauce mixed with 1 cup canned green salsa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How Do I Make It?
***this is the EASY way*****
Wash cilantro and let drain, chop onion and chilis, grate cheese, shred white meat from chicken, chop cilantro. Start heating oil in a small fry pan while you are setting up your preparation station. Put salsa verde and green chili sauce into a frying pan and simmer over low heat. ok…NOW roll up your sleeves and put on an apron cause it’s gonna get messy. One by one place tortilla in oil, fry on both sides until crisp and bubbly. With tongs pull tortilla out let excess oil drain off and plunge into salsa verde to re-soften. Move tortilla into your baking dish and stuff with chicken, onion, cilantro, green chilis and cheese. Roll and repeat.
Once you have a pan full top with remaining salsa verde, onion cilantro and cheese. Put into a 350 degree oven for about 20 min or until bubbly and melty.
***this is the Hard and very best way*****
Prepare as above one by one except prepare each serving individually (2 or 3 at a time) and place under high broiler to melt cheese and serve. They are soooo much tasier this way, but be prepared not to leave the stove for quite some time, or eat!
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro (no stems)
How do I make it?
- Put lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar and shake.
- Combine corn, beans, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
- Toss with 75% of the lime dressing, leaving some for if you wish to serve salad over romaine lettuce.
It was a very lucid dream where I woke up on the floor in front of my entry door.
I dreamed that there was a big white van that was crashing violently through my entry doors, the van had only one headlight and only there was 1 door. Not two like I have.
The van belonged to my handyman, who we’ve known for 7 years and love dearly. But, there was no driver.
I was trying to stop the van.
I tried to run to my kids beds, there were no kids. Beds were perfectly made and I was frozen. Then I had to wake up.
Scared the c-rap out of me… and it’s been bothering me for a couple of weeks now and I have about 3 different interpretations.
*The weird thing is, I don’t dream anymore, at least when I sleep.